Monday, August 25, 2008

My Heart is Acheing.

For those of you who have not heard yet; our family has been going through one of the worst times of our lives. My brother in law Travis J. Tolman was killed in a fourwheeler accident on Friday night 8/22/08. He was riding up on trout creek in the moutains with a group of his friends. I have been on the medical side of these family tragedys and we have been surrounded her in Jefferson County lately and I was sad and my thoughts were with these families; but until it happens to you there is no way to even say that you understand. I don't understand why these things happen and they always seem to happen to the people who have such a great future. Travis was that brother in law that from day one made me feel like family. He was at my house almost everyday and if he was not there Josh or I would call and ask what he was doing. He was my husband's best friend, they talked everyday, planned weekends together and all vacations were to include each other. Now we are lost. We have been surrounded by friends and family which has made this whole thing so much easier. When we are alone it is when the tears start to rush and the thoughts become overwhelming. My daughter still talkes about him everyday and she seems to be the only one who gets it. She tells me not to cry because uncle is happy in heaven and he is with Jesus. She looks up in the sky and says.."I want to talk to uncle" and then tells him little random things that are so cute that I laugh and then I know that is what Travis wanted me to do in the first place.
We will be having a memorial service for Travis on Wed. Aug. 27th, 2008 at 3:00pm at the LHCC in madras and who all that new him we would love if you were there.

As I said last posting please value every moment you have with the ones you love and make sure they know how you feel. You never know when it maybe the last time you get to say it.

Travis, I will always love and miss you. I always wanted a brother and now I know why I did not get one growing up..... it's because I was getting you! You will be forever missed and Never forgotton! I love you.

0 comments: